- 4 lbs. Chicken wings (I usually have my butcher break down the wings to save time and keep the tips for your stock)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Hot Sauce (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and also preheat your grill pan.
- While those are heating up I toss the wings/drums with just enough olive oil (I use extra virgin) and salt and pepper.
- Once your grill pan is screaming hot I spray non stick olive oil (more for my own peace of mind because you already tossed them oil) and arrange them in a single layer. I let them go for about 5 minutes and then I turn~we are not trying to cook them here we are just trying to get some good looking grill marks.
- I remove them in batches of 6-8 wings and toss in a bowl with hot sauce and melted butter (just a splash of both-we just want to give them a thin coat).
- Place all your wings on a heavy duty cookie sheet and cook for 35 minutes turning once half way through your time.
- Remove from oven (turn your oven up to 425 degrees) toss again in small batches of butter and hot sauce (adding as needed).
- Return to oven for about 5-7 minutes and remove and coat one final time in your butter/hot sauce mixture. Let cool and enjoy!!!