- 2 pieces of Cod (if I cannot get REALLY fresh cod I will buy frozen and thaw myself before dinner)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Like I said earlier in the post, if I cannot get fresh cod I will by frozen and thaw myself, I do this because I do not want my fish thawed by someone else and sitting around) I put them in Ziploc baggies and let all the air out; drop them in really cold water and put a dish or something over it to keep the fish submerged. Your cod should be ready to go if you give it about an hour and just make sure to press and get as much water out and off the fish as possible. Do not season with salt too early because you will just be fighting the moisture.
- In a medium sized skillet add your oil and preheat over medium-to medium high heat while you prepare your fish.
- Give one last press with paper towel then salt and pepper both sides. I go generous on the cracked pepper. I think it adds a great flavor (which pepper usually takes a back seat) and besides it looks so rustic-yum!
- Next press fish into almond flour shaking off the excess and add carefully to the pan, away from you so the hot oil will not splash you.
- Give your pan a good shake so you see your cod is not sticking and leave alone for 5 minutes, turn and cook and additional 4.
- Turn off the heat and I will put a lid half over the fish to keep warm, do not cover completely otherwise your crispy crust will get soggy.