- 1 Head of cauliflower washed and cut up into rather small pcs.
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese (looked for aged 24 months plus to get an even richer flavor)
- 1 egg-beaten
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 bulb of roasted garlic
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbs butter then has been soften and/or melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Steam cauliflower until very tender (this should take you about 20 minutes) I stir it once during the steaming process to ensure even cooking.
- After cauliflower has steamed I drain any excess water (only if you did not use a double boiler) and place cauliflower back in pan over medium heat.
- Stir cauliflower until all water is gone from the pan and you hear it begin to sizzle and then remove from heat; we are just trying to get out as much moisture as possible and this will allow for a better “lighter” final result.
- Next combine the beaten egg with your cauliflower (careful to have let cauliflower cool just a bit because we do not want our egg to cook) along with both cheeses and seasoning.
- Take your roasted garlic and squeeze out the tender/sticky/yummy bulbs of garlic and add to your mixture.
- Once combined turn out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out into a shape you prefer to about 1/4″ thick.
- Put in oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and increase your temperature to 400 degrees.
- Take your raw garlic bulb and slice in half; with a piece in each hand and while the “bread” is hot run the cut surfaces over the top of your crust and it will add a nice garlic-y touch.
- Now spread or “paint” on your melted butter as a base then finish by sprinkling your remaining cheese.
- Pop back into the oven for about 5-7 minutes until golden bubbly **sometimes I hit it with the broiler for a minute just to give it one final blast and get really brown and even more yummy looking.
- ***I use a pizza stone for this recipe and I put the bread/crust directly onto the preheated stone but if you do not have one no worries!
- Cool a few minutes and enjoy!