- 1 package organic cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips~I use a brand that uses erythritol NO SUGAR
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS organic cottage cheese that I pulverize in the blender so it’s nice and smooth or if you have coconut spread that works too
- 1 tsp vanilla-powder/ and or seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp xanthum gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup xylitol
- 2/3 cup cashew flour
- 1 TBS nut organic nut butter (I used raw peanut)
- 2 TBS butter (I use salted grass fed)
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder (I use Jay Robb)
- 2 TBS each: coconut flakes (I used the large flakes) and chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- I have made these using a standard cookie sheet but they do spread so make sure your batter is very cold before you scoop.
- I use a pan that is deeper than a muffin top but shallower than a regular muffin/cup cake tin (I will google and see if I can find the name for it). Anyway prepare whatever you use so they do not stick.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese and butter (if you forget nuc in microwave for about 30 seconds)
- I add the peanut butter to the cream cheese and butter mixture and then using a hand mixer I add the sugar.
- I mix so the batter is nice and incorporated then I add my eggs one at a time-fully incorporating between the eggs.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and then stick in fridge…just long enough to do all the dishes and clean up.
- Finally I use no more than 2 TBS per puffin and cook them for about 17 minutes, you may want to keep and eye on them if you are using a cookie sheet as they will be thinner and will not need to cook as long.
- ***So many variations: try 1 TBS of cinnamon & chopped raw walnuts, or an absolute favorite of mine: 2 TBS lavender & increase vanilla seeds to 1 TBS...so yummy!!
- Cool and enjoy!