- 1 organic Kabocha squash~Peeled, split in half and scrap out the seeds
- 1 organic Acorn squash~split in half,scrap out the seeds
- 3 Tbs organic cream cheese~room temperature
- 2-3 Tbs salted butter (I use Kerrygold)~room temperature
- Loads of S & P to taste.
- *Cinnamon is a nice addition
- Olive Oil to coat veggies
- Set your oven to 400 degrees
- Cut up both squash's into big chunks; toss with fat of your choice and season with salt and pepper. Using a large cookie sheet, cook for about 25-30 minutes turning the pieces about half way through; remove and place on a large clean dish towel. Once cool enough to handle wring towel to remove any excess water-or cook roasted squash over medium heat in a sauce pan to help reduce any residual liquid. Finish by combining the rest of the ingredients; a masher works well here. Taste and season as necessary, you won't be disappointed.