- 1 lb grass fed beef
- 2-1/2 cups organic roasted spaghetti squash
- 1/2 organic medium sized onion~diced
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese (full fat)
- 1/4 cup organic sour cream (full fat)
- 1/2 cup organic grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup organic medium (or whatever kind you like) cheddar cheese~freshly shredded)
- S&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a medium sized oven safe dish with butter and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add your beef and diced onion (I think I tossed in just under a TBS of bacon fat) and brown your mixture.
- When finished…dare I say it but drain the fat so we loose as much liquid as possible; then stir in a half a can of organic tomato sauce.
- Layer the squash in the bottom of your dish and add both the sour cream and cottage cheese and mix it up a bit; next add your parmesan cheese.
- Top it off with your meat and tomato mixture being careful to use a slotted spoon when transferring from pan to dish…and just make sure to leave any excess liquid behind.
- Finally top of with shredded cheese and bake in the oven uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Remove and let sit a bit!