- 1 organic Vidalia onion~sliced thick
- 1/3 cup duck fat
- 2 tbs organic chives~finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tbs organic garlic~minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 oz organic cream cheese
- 2 tbs keto mayo
- pinch of cayenne
- celtic sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Over medium high heat add the fat to the pan (I use a heavy cast iron) and then arrange your thick onion slices in an even layer (cut as necessary to make them fit).
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and once they start to brown, flip and season the second side. Keep an eye of them and adjust the heat accordingly so as not to burn, continue until the onions are becoming carmelized.
- Add the garlic and wine, reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 4 minutes; remove onions from pan and let cool.
- In a medium bowl and the remaining ingredients (set aside some chopped chives to top off the dip) and stir to combine; once the onions are cool enough to handle-chop them up pretty good and toss into the mixture.
- Stir and taste…season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Get dippin’ 🙂